By Chris Spencer

The annual Spring Career & Internship Fair, hosted by the University Career Center & The President’s Promise, is here again and in full swing. But students may be unaware of the other career fair events that take place at this university throughout the semester.

The University of Maryland has a series of “boutique fairs” that serve students in an array of particular disciplines ranging from architecture and real estate to education, geographical science, health and business startups.

Education

The Maryland Metropolitan Education Expo is set up as an opportunity for students to network with employers in the education field and potentially land a job. It comprises two components: a career fair and on-site interviews.

The expo presents a collection of recruiting school systems, such as Carroll County Public Schools, Alexandria City Public Schools and D.C. Public Schools, as well as ESF Camps. The fair is open to all interested students.

The event will be at Stamp Student Union’s Grand Ballroom on March 9 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Students should schedule interviews with employers via Careers4Terps prior to the event so school systems and organizations can review applications and decide which candidates are qualified.

Health professions schools

The Health Professions School Recruitment Fair is a public career fair that invites students of all majors, but especially those who are interested in attending a medical, dental or allied health school.

This event is at Stamp Student Union’s Grand Ballroom on April 6 from 2 to 5 p.m.

Startup careers

The UnShelled: Startup Career & Internship Fair is a recruitment tool for all university students and alumni who are interested in working for a startup or are seeking an entrepreneurial experience as an intern or part-time employee. The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities recognized the event with its Connections Award for efficacy of fostering innovation and entrepreneurship, talent development and community and cultural development.

The UnShelled fair will take place April 21 from noon to 4 p.m. in Stamp Student Union’s Colony Ballroom.

Geographical sciences

The Geographical Sciences Advising Office and the Career Center created an internship fair to unite geospatial information sciences and environmental science and policy students with public, private and nonprofit employers, although students of all majors are welcome to attend.

Students can expect organizations like ADNET Systems, Geographic Services Inc., the NASA DEVELOP Program, the U.S. Census Bureau and this university’s Master of Professional Studies in Geospatial Information Sciences Program at the fair.

The event will be held in 1124 LeFrak Hall on April 1 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.