Every week, staff writer James Crabtree-Hannigan will take a look at the careers of a number of former Maryland athletes embarking on professional careers in a variety of leagues. Every Wednesday, it’s former women’s basketball players. The stats are from games through July 26.

Kristi Toliver, Guard, Los Angeles Sparks

2016 stats: 32.5 mpg, 14.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 3.8 apg, 0.9 spg, 44.1 FG%

Skinny: The Sparks lost for just the third time this season, but Toliver played well in the defeat, scoring a team-high 18 points and getting a pair of rebounds and assists. She had just six points in the Sparks’ win three days later but pitched in four assists.

Alyssa Thomas, Forward, Connecticut Sun

2016 stats: 26.5 mpg, 11.3 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 2.0 apg, 1.5 spg, 47.3 FG%

Skinny: Thomas had another productive week, scoring double digits in two Sun wins. She had 11 points, seven rebounds, four assists and four steals July 20 against Dallas and added a 16-point, five-rebound performance two days later against Chicago.

Lynetta Kizer, Forward, Indiana Fever

2016 stats: 16.6 mpg, 9.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.6 apg, 0.8 spg, 56.8 FG%

Skinny: Kizer shot 10-for-14 from the field and scored a career-high 21 points in the Fever’s 82-70 win over the Liberty July 21. Two days earlier, she had 14 points and five rebounds in Indiana’s upset win over the Sparks. Kizer has scored at least 10 points in six straight games.

Marissa Coleman, Forward, Indiana Fever

2016 stats: 23.4 mpg, 7.1 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.9 apg, 0.9 spg, 30.3 FG%

Skinny: Coleman had a breakout game against the Liberty, scoring 14 points and banking four 3-pointers, both season-highs. She scored five points and five rebounds in the Fever’s win over the Sparks.

Coleman, Kizer and the rest of the Fever were also involved in some controversy this week when the Fever wore plain black shirts during warm-ups in support of the Black Lives Matter movement. Along with two other teams which made similar gestures, the WNBA fined the teams and players, sparking outrage. The Fever also refused to answer questions from the media if they weren’t related to the movement. The league later rescinded the fines.

Crystal Langhorne, Forward, Seattle Storm

2016 stats: 26.4 mpg, 9.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.4 apg, 0.8 spg, 63.2 FG%

Skinny: Langhorne scored five points and grabbed 10 rebounds in Seattle’s blowout win over San Antonio July 20. Against Minnesota two days later, she had seven points to go with eight rebounds and three assists.

Tianna Hawkins, Forward, Washington Mystics

2016 stats: 10.5 mpg, 4.7 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.4 apg, 0.2 spg, 49.4 FG%

Skinny: Hawkins had four points and three rebounds in the Mystics’ 88-81 loss to New York July 20. She scored six points and grabbed two rebounds in their blowout loss to the Sparks two days later.

Brene Moseley, Guard, Free Agent

2016 stats (Indiana Fever): 9.6 mpg, 1.9 ppg, 0.4 rpg, 1.1 apg, 0.5 spg, 26.1 FG%

Skinny: Moseley was waived on June 20 and is a free agent.