Entering the first week of game preparation for the 2016 season, the Maryland football team added a four-star recruit to its 2017 class Sunday evening as offensive lineman Marcus Minor (DeMatha Catholic High School) announced his decision on CSN Mid-Atlantic.

Minor’s commitment boosts the Terps’ class ranking to 17th in the nation, according to 247sports and Rivals.com.

“Well, it’s a hard decision, but I will be taking my next four years of football to Maryland,” Minor said on the show.

Minor joins 10 others players from Maryland, Virginia or Washington, D.C., to pledge to Durkin’s first full class at the helm of the program. The “DMV to UMD” movement for 2017 already included four-star commits cornerback Deon Jones, quarterback Kasim Hill and offensive linemen Jordan McNair.

The Terps also welcomed four DeMatha Catholic products as freshman this season.

Minor is the 16th player in the class, and the sixth four-star recruit, according to 247sports. The 6-foot-5, 290-pound 17-year-old is the site’s fifth ranked player in the state and the 28th-best guard prospect in the country.

After talking with former teammates and coaches, Minor chose to continue playing close to home in College Park over programs such as Auburn, Michigan State and Florida.

“It was mainly just the love from the coaching staff,” Minor said. “It showed how much love they had towards me not just as an athlete, but as a person and somebody they could take as a son.”