Prince George’s County Police are investigating a domestic murder-suicide that took place on the night of Sept. 28, according to tweets from Prince George’s County Police.
Police were initially notified of a missing person at about 9 p.m., prompting them to canvass the area, they said. While searching the 8100 block of 48th Ave., police discovered the missing person as well as another victim suffering from gunshot wounds in a parking lot near the Parkside apartments.
The victim is 19-year-old Farhad Siddique of 48th Avenue, according to a news release from Prince George’s County Police. The suspect is 57-year-old Nasir Siddique of the 1200 block of Mikara Court in Bel Air.
Farhad Siddique was a junior at the University of Maryland.
“The University of Maryland community is deeply saddened by the events that occurred last night,” university spokeswoman Crystal Brown wrote in a statement. “This is a tragedy that will be felt by our entire community. During this time of loss, we extend our deepest sympathy to the families and friends of the victims.”
Nasir Siddique is Farhad Siddique’s father, according to the release. Prince George’s County detectives believe that he shot his son and then killed himself.
The Harford County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death of Nasir Siddique’s wife, 48-year-old Zarqa Siddique of Bel Air, according to a news release from their office. She was found dead inside the bathroom of her home with a gunshot wound to the head.
Investigators believe that Nasir Siddique killed his wife before traveling to Prince George’s County.
Several officers responded to the scene on the night of Sept. 28, into the morning of Sept. 29, though no information could be provided to reporters at that time.

The Harford County Sheriff’s Office will not release more information about the incident, Harford County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Cristie Kahler said Wednesday.

This post will be updated as more information becomes available.