The opponent: Purdue University (2-1)

Stadium: Maryland Stadium

Head Coach: Darrell Hazel, fourth season at Purdue (8-31 career record with the Boilermakers

Last Week: Purdue beat Nevada 24-14, Maryland had a bye week

Television: Big Ten Network by Joe Beninati and J Leman

Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network (Baltimore 105.7 WJZ-FM and Washington ESPN 980 AM) by Johnny Holliday, Scott McBrien and Tim Strachan. Student radio WMUC Sports by Liam Beatus and Emily Olsen (wmucsports.net)

Prior Meetings: Maryland leads Purdue 1-0, Maryland was victorious in the 2006 Champs Sports Bowl 24-7.

Game time weather: Scattered thunderstorms throughout the day, high humidity, and cloudy. It is going to be a bad hair day.

Things to watch on Maryland’s side

The Turnover Battle-The Terps are one of two teams in the FBS who have not committed a turnover all season. Purdue on the other hand has a turnover ratio of -9 in their last two games despite a 1-1 record. Maryland was haunted by interceptions and poor quarterback play last season, but so far that has not been the case this season.

Perry Hills’ Health: It is no secret that Maryland has had success rushing the ball, but their quarterback production has been fragile. In three games, Hills only has 463 yards (154.3 yards per game) and with a conservative pass attack partnered by a run-heavy offense. Last week, Hills was forced to leave the game with a shoulder injury on the second to last play of the game. Hills is probable this week, and the general consensus around the team is that the injury is not too serious; yet Hills is prone to risking his body on read-options.

Purdue Players to Watch

RB Markell Jones: Purdue is going to hand the ball off to Jones all game. In three games, Jones has averaged over 20 carries per game, an exuberant amount compared to Maryland who will spread the wealth amongst their backs. Jones has 325 yards on the season despite battling a nagging shoulder injury throughout most of the early season.

WR Dominique Young: Young is Purdue’s favorite wideout, and at 6’3, he could give Maryland’s shorter secondary a tough battle. Young has 232 receiving yards and 19 receptions which are both team highs. Maryland will also be without senior safety Denzel Conyers who suffered a torn ACL against UCF, even more of a reason why containing Young will be difficult on Sunday.