University of Maryland Police responded to reports of an animal complaint, a hate bias incident and a dumpster fire, among other incidents this past week, according to police reports.

Animal complaint

Early on Oct. 13, University Police received a report from the Riverdale Police Department. The report said a vehicle had struck a deer, and the animal could still be alive, University Police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said.

At 1:52 a.m., University Police responded to the area of Adelphi Road and Curry Drive, where they euthanized the deer, Hoaas said.

This case is closed.

Dumpster fire

University Police responded to Lot 4b on Saturday at 12:50 p.m. for a report of a dumpster fire, Hoaas said.

This university’s Fire Marshal’s Office handled this incident, she said.

This case is closed.

Found controlled/dangerous substance

On Saturday at about 4 a.m., University Police responded to the Shuttle-UM Facility. Once they reached the facility, officers obtained a black backpack, which contained marijuana and paraphernalia that had been found on a bus, Hoaas said.

The officers took the property back to University Police Headquarters for destruction, she said.

This case has since been closed.

Other incident

On Saturday at 7:38 p.m., an officer responded to University Police Headquarters, where a female student at this university reported that an ex-boyfriend was added to a group chat between her and her friends and no one in the group chat claimed to have added him, Hoaas said.

The reporting student was concerned this person had hacked into her phone, Hoaas said, but there is no concrete evidence to support that claim.

An officer suggested the victim contact their cell phone carrier to see if they could provide an answer, Hoaas said.

“As it stands now there’s nothing further to do with this case from our standpoint,” Hoaas said.

University Police told the student to contact them if she can obtain more information.

The case is suspended.

Hate bias

University Police responded to Denton Hall at 5:17 p.m. Saturday for a hate bias incident.

A female student reported that between 4:10 and 4:44 p.m., a racial slur was found on a chalkboard outside her room.

Officers searched the area and eventually erased the slur, Hoaas said.

This case remains open and active.

Disorderly conduct

University Police responded to the Gossett Football Team House on Saturday at 10:57 a.m. for a report of disorderly conduct, according to police reports.

This case is closed.