Six days ago, I wrote an article saying Maryland’s all-black football uniforms are cursed. I had six games of evidence to back up my claim, and when Maryland announced they were planning to wear all-black again against Michigan State on Saturday night, I expressed my concern on our Twitter account over the uniform choice.

However, much like the Chicago Cubs, Maryland football broke the curse, beating Michigan State, 28-17.

In a blacked out crowd under the lights, Perry Hills completed more than 75 percent of his passes and tossed a pair of touchdowns. Lorenzo Harrison and Ty Johnson each rushed for more than 100 yards while Levern Jacobs and DJ Moore each caught a touchdown.

On defense, the Terps forced a fumble and Alvin Hill used his ballet skills to snag an interception. Maryland’s banged up secondary held the Spartans to just over 150 passing yards and zero passing touchdowns.

The first six times they busted out the all-black uniforms hoping for a big win in some great uniforms, they failed to do it.

Sometimes they were done in by a team with three future NFL players on offense. Another time, they could not stop the best running back in the country. Most recently, they had a true freshman quarterback making his first ever start.

However, none of that happened last night. Maryland executed on both sides of the ball and beat the defending Big Ten champions and is now just one win away from a bowl game.

After six years of wearing all-black and losing, Maryland finally has gotten a victory. The curse, at long last, has finally been broken.