Jake Layman made his record-setting NBA debut with the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday night.

Layman scored 17 points in eight minutes against the Golden State Warriors, and he tied an NBA record by making five three-pointers.

Now that Layman has put some points on the board, we have the statistics to confidently say that Layman is better than the NBA’s reigning MVP, Stephen Curry. Let us look into the stats that prove Layman is better than Curry.

Career field goal percentage

Jake Layman: .750

Stephen Curry: .477

Layman has made exactly three-fourths of his shots from the field, while Curry has failed to make even half of his shots. While Curry has a reputation as being one of the best scorers in the league, it is clear Layman is more efficient when it comes to getting points.

Career three-point percentage

Jake Layman: .714

Stephen Curry: .444

Once again, the reigning NBA MVP pales in comparison to Layman. Layman is tied for first in the NBA this season in three-point percentage, while Curry is not even in the top 20. It appears that Layman should be receiving the acclaim that Curry gets for his success behind the arc.

Career points per 36 minutes

Jake Layman: 76.5

Stephen Curry: 23.2

Layman has only played eight minutes in his NBA career. However, if you extrapolate his minutes to what a normal NBA starter gets, Layman is averaging more than triple the amount of points Curry normally scores. It should be clear based on this not only that Layman is better than Curry, but that Portland should be giving him more playing time.

Career boring shoes endorsed

Jake Layman: 0

Stephen Curry: 1

Layman has yet to come out with a signature shoe of any variety. Curry, meanwhile, infamously released the Curry 2 Lows in June. The shoes were relentlessly and deservedly roasted for looking like the type of footwear only people over the age of 50 would wear. Layman knows his reputation will never be tarnished by horrendously boring shoes. The same can not be said for Curry.

Career 3-1 series leads blown in the NBA Finals

Jake Layman: 0

Stephen Curry: 1

In case you have not heard, Curry and Golden State Warriors had a 3-1 series lead in the 2016 NBA Finals over the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Warriors, who had won an NBA-record 73 games in the regular season, blew a 3-1 lead in that series, failing to win the final three games as the Cavaliers won their first-ever NBA title. Layman, on the other hand, has never been part of a team that has blown a 3-1 series lead in the NBA Finals.