In Maryland Stadium on Nov. 29, Maryland football commit Kasim Hill’s St. John’s College High School team squandered a 15-point lead in the final eight minutes of the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference championship against rival DeMatha Catholic.

Losing his final game on the field he plans to play on next fall wasn’t the way Hill wanted his high school career to end.

Sitting in the locker room after the game, the Baltimore native stewed over the loss. It took a few days for him to accept it and appreciate the experience in College Park.

With his Cadets career over, Hill is excitedly preparing to join the Terps.

“It’s a really cool experience to play last where you’ll play next year,” Hill said.

Hill returned to Maryland Stadium Saturday for the first time since the loss with commits center Johnny Jordan and cornerback Fofie Bazzie to watch the Terps defeat Rutgers and clinch a bowl berth. He’s proud of the team for earning a postseason game, and next year, he hopes to lead another bowl charge under offensive coordinator Walt Bell.

When Hill came to College Park for one of his visits, he talked to the new coaching staff about Bell’s high-tempo system.

“I see myself excelling in that offense,” Hill said. “I believe in Walt Bell.”

St. John’s coach Joe Casamento believes Hill, the No. 11 pro-style quarterback in the 2017 class according to 247Sports, will fit the scheme, too. Casamento has worked with him since January 2015, first as an offensive coordinator and then as head coach.

When Casamento assesses a quarterback, he looks for three traits — someone who can make good reads under pressure, a competitive leader and innate talent. Casamento said Hill fits each mold.

“He has all the talent in the world and is a very smart guy,” Casamento said last month. “He goes hard on every down and gets up immediately, every sack or getting knocked down.”

Casamento said his offense is “complex” for a high school team, yet Hill can find his second or third options when making his reads. During the Cadets’ season, Hill had authority to audible on play calls at the line of scrimmage, Casamento said.

The aspect of his game Hill believes will help him most is his decision making, which he anticipates will translate well into Bell’s scheme. Plus, Hill’s athleticism and ability to extend plays with his legs create more options, Casamento said.

“I can do anything the offense needs from me,” Hill said. “I’m ready.”

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound quarterback has already started to prepare for next season by watching highlight tapes from all five of the Terps’ 2017 wide receivers and tight end. Hill is also part of the class’s group chat.

“He’s just a great human being and I know he will never embarrass the University of Maryland,” Casamento said.

He’ll join a Terps team that played more than 15 true freshmen throughout Durkin’s first season. So while the loss to DeMatha still stings, Hill is eager to see more action on the Maryland Stadium turf.

“I’m excited and ready to get back to work,” Hill said. “At the end of that game I looked around and thought, ‘This will be where I’ll be soon enough.’ I’m ready for that.”