The Maryland men’s lacrosse team has displayed an explosive offense in its first two games of the season. Here are some tidbits from the Terps’ wins over Navy and Saint Joseph’s:

SEASON STORYLINES:

RAMBO’S RETURN: Senior attackman Matt Rambo played in his home state, Pennsylvania, for likely the final time on Tuesday afternoon against Saint Joseph’s. He responded with his best-ever statistical performance, setting a career-high with seven points on three goals and four assists in the 16-8 win. Rambo netted twice during a 52-second span in the second quarter to give the Terps a 9-6 lead. Overall, he has totaled 40 points in nine career games in Philadelphia.

NO FLY ZONE: Before the season, coach John Tillman called his defense a work in progress because it graduated three starters and is missing senior Mac Pons to a lower-body injury. Against Navy, the Terps allowed 12 goals, which was more than they conceded in any regular-season matchup last year. But after giving up six first-half scores against Saint Joseph’s, the squad limited the Hawks to two after intermission.

THIRD QUARTER DOMINANCE: Maryland has used halftime to its advantage this season. The break gives Tillman an opportunity to rehash his game plan with the players in the locker room, helping them overwhelm teams in the third frame. The Terps have outscored opponents by an average of two goals in third quarters this season. In other periods, they’ve topped teams by an average of 1.17 scores.

HAT TRICKS GALORE: Through two contests, four Terps have registered hat tricks. Last Saturday at No. 11 Navy, attackman Dylan Maltz scored four goals and Matt Rambo had three to lead the team to a 15-12 victory. Then, against Saint Joseph’s, Rambo, attackman Colin Heacock and midfielder Jared Bernhardt each netted three times.

ON THE RECORD:

“It’s a lot about experience and knowing how to play with one another. [Heacock] and [Rambo] work really well together,” – second-team All-American Navy defender Chris Fennell on Maryland’s attacking success.

“With Matt Rambo coming up [to Philadelphia] and being in his hometown for potentially the last time, I thought that was a really great performance by him,” – Maryland coach John Tillman

FAST STATS:

The Terps have scored 31 goals in their first two games, the most they’ve recorded to start a season since 2013.

12 different Terps have scored this year. Attackman Matt Rambo has recorded a point in 41 straight contests.

Rambo already has 13 points this season, his best-ever output over a two-game stretch.

Rambo has tallied 47 points over his last eight games, dating back to last season.

Rambo and fellow senior attackmen Colin Heacock and Dylan Maltz have now scored a combined 237 career goals.

Rambo, Heacock and Maltz have combined to score 16 times this season.

Maryland’s .449 shooting percentage ranks second in the nation.

The Terps have won 13 straight regular-season games.

UP NEXT:

The Terps face High Point at Maryland Stadium at 1 p.m. on Saturday. Maryland downed the Panthers, 15-10, in the 2016 season opener.

CORRECTION: Due to an editing error, a previous version of this story stated Maryland had a win over William & Mary. Its victory actually came against Navy. The story has been updated to reflect this correction.