University of Maryland Police responded to reports of controlled dangerous substance violations, theft and a non-criminal Title IX incident, among other incidents this past week, according to police reports.

Non-criminal Title IX incident

University Police responded to the area of Union Lane and Field House Drive on Feb. 7 at 9:58 p.m. for a report of an altercation between a man and woman, University Police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said.

The man, who has no affiliation with this university, was arguing with the woman, who is a university employee.

Police gave the woman materials from the Office of Civil Rights and Sexual Misconduct, Hoaas said. This case is closed.

Theft

On Feb. 8 at 6:50 p.m., University Police responded to the Stamp Student Union bookstore for a theft that had taken place moments earlier, Hoaas said.

A suspect had stolen apparel from the store and walked out.

Police will review cameras as part of an investigation for this incident, Hoaas said.

This case is active.

Controlled dangerous substance violation

University Police responded to Denton Hall on Saturday at 8:14 p.m. for a controlled dangerous substance complaint, Hoaas said.

An officer talked with three male students inside a room and explained why he was there.

One of the students gave the officer marijuana, Hoaas said. The marijuana will be destroyed, and the students will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

This case is closed.

On Sunday at 1:40 a.m., University Police stopped a vehicle near Berwyn House Road for a traffic violation.

The officer smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle, and the female driver and male passenger got out of the vehicle while the officer searched it.

Police found contraband inside the vehicle, so both the driver and passenger were taken into custody, Hoaas said.

The driver was a juvenile and was released to a guardian, Hoaas said. She was charged with possession of marijuana and driving a vehicle without a license.

The man was arrested, but his information and charges are not available at this time, Hoaas said. This case is closed.

Trespassing

University Police responded to Maryland Stadium on Saturday at 11:31 p.m. for a report of trespassing, according to police reports.

This case is closed.

Disorderly conduct

University Police responded to Route 1 on Saturday at 3:58 a.m. for a report of disorderly conduct, according to police reports.

The case resulted in an arrest.