Maryland men’s basketball center Michal Cekovsky fractured his ankle Sunday at Wisconsin and will miss the remainder of the season, coach Mark Turgeon announced Monday afternoon.

With less than four minutes left in the Terps’ 71-60 loss, Cekovsky had possession in the paint. As he set his feet while driving toward the basket, he tumbled to the floor and grabbed his left ankle.

He laid on his side with his face pressed to the court as teammates checked on him. Then, he grimaced and rolled to his back. He finished the day with 10 points, two rebounds and two blocks.

“I feel badly for Ceko as he endured a number of injuries throughout the season,” Turgeon said in a statement. “It felt like he was really starting to turn the corner and his best basketball was ahead of him. We anticipate a full recovery for next season and we will be there to support him through the rehabilitation process.

In 17 games this season, the Slovakian big man has averaged a career-high 7.6 points and 2.8 boards.

Cekovsky’s managed the production despite suffering injuries throughout his junior campaign. He battled a hamstring injury during the preseason, missed the opening four games with a right toe injury and endured a six-game absence with a left ankle injury to start Big Ten play.

With four games left in the regular season, the Terps will rely on reserve forwards Ivan Bender and L.G. Gill to replace Cekovsky’s minutes as perhaps the team’s most efficient interior offensive player.