Over the past eight days, University of Maryland Police responded to reports of domestic violence, theft, weapon violations and disorderly conduct.

Non-criminal Title IX incident

On Sunday at 1:15 a.m., University Police responded to a report of a domestic abuse incident at Caroline Hall. The two students involved talked with police and provided information about the incident, said University Police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas. The case remains open and active.

Theft

University Police responded to the Catholic Student Center for a report of theft on Feb. 24.

The reporting person, who is not affiliated with this university, told the officer a sign had not been seen for two days since it was left between the South Campus Dining Hall and Shoemaker Building, Hoaas said.

When students went to retrieve the sign on the same day it was posted, it had disappeared, Hoaas said. A video of UMPD’s Security Operations Cameras was submitted to officers for review. The case is open.

Disorderly conduct

On Feb. 27 at 12:50 a.m., a male student at this university was spotted urinating behind a sign along Route 1, Hoaas said.

Officers referred the student to the Office of Student Conduct. The case is closed.

University Police responded to the University Health Center on Monday at 5:13 p.m. for a report of disorderly conduct, according to police reports.

The case has been closed by exception.

Dangerous weapon and possession

University Police stopped a vehicle on Adelphi Road for a traffic violation at 2:30 a.m. on Feb. 22.

The officer detected the smell of marijuana, approached the vehicle and asked the driver, 25-year-old Frank Greenwell Jr. of Hyattsville, to exit the vehicle, Hoaas said.

Upon questioning, Greenwell revealed he was carrying a knife, Hoaas said. Officers searched the car and arrested Greenwell for possession of a dangerous weapon and possession of more than 10 grams of marijuana.

This case is closed.

Vandalism

University Police responded to Lot 1b on Sunday on Friday at 9 p.m. for a report of vandalism, according to police reports.

This case is active.

Controlled dangerous substance violation

University Police responded to the 3800 block of Stadium Drive on Sunday at 1:20 a.m. for a CDS violation, according to police reports. This case is closed by exception.