Maryland men’s basketball guard Melo Trimble made the All-Big Ten first team, the conference announced Monday.

The coaches and media also selected Caleb Swanigan (Purdue), Ethan Happ (Wisconsin), Peter Jok (Iowa) and Nate Mason (Minnesota) to join the Terps’ junior guard.

Trimble, who the coaches unanimously selected, is the 15th Terps player to earn all-conference honors three times and the first since former guard Greivis Vásquez, who played at Maryland from 2006-10.

As a freshman, Trimble earned first-team (media) and second-team (coaches) All-Big Ten after averaging a team-high 16.2 points per game and leading Maryland back to the NCAA tournament. The Upper Marlboro native garnered second-team conference honors last year, leading the unit in scoring (14.8) and assists (4.9) per game. The Terps, who entered the postseason as a No. 5 seed, made the program’s first Sweet 16 appearance since 2003.

This season, Trimble again leads the squad in scoring (16.9 points per game) while playing mostly off the ball. With three freshman starters, Maryland finished the regular season with a 24-7 record earned the No. 3 seed in the Big Ten tournament. They’ll play in the quarterfinals Friday night at the Verizon Center.