As Maryland men’s lacrosse attackman Matt Rambo and defensive midfielder Isaiah Davis-Allen took the field for their first-ever college game in 2014 against Mount St. Mary’s, seniors Brian Cooper, Mike Chanenchuk and Michael Ehrhardt advised them to keep calm.

Instead, Davis-Allen was “starstruck” by his veteran teammates, who he watched play at Maryland Stadium when he was a junior in high school. During that visit, Davis-Allen remembered thinking, “Oh man, I don’t know if I can play this fast. I don’t know if I can play this game.” Rambo, whose emotions don’t usually affect him on the field, also admitted he was nervous for his Terps debut.

Rambo and Davis-Allen, along with the rest of their class, soon acclimated to College Park, helping Maryland reach the final four in each of their first three seasons. On Saturday, they’ll move closer to the end of their careers during Senior Day against No. 1 Penn State.

“This is going to be one of my last times stepping foot out there at Maryland Stadium,” Davis-Allen said. “It’s going to be tough.”

[Read more: Maryland men’s lacrosse had its best first quarter in two years. Michigan didn’t recover.]

Through 64 career games, Rambo ranks fifth in Maryland history with 206 points and fourth with 132 goals. Meanwhile, Davis-Allen was a preseason first-team All-American entering this campaign.

Fellow seniors Tim Muller and Colin Heacock also made the 2017 preseason All-American squad, while attackman Dylan Maltz is second on the Terps with 17 goals.

Three of the Terps’ top four scorers this year are seniors, and fourth-year players account for more than half (51.2 percent) of the team’s points. Defensively, the squad views Muller and Davis-Allen as veteran leaders.

So, coach John Tillman struggled to articulate what his oldest players mean to the program. He briefly lauded their academic and community service achievements, discussed their leadership skills and mentioned their on-field contributions.

Then, he settled on their unwavering commitment to Maryland.

“I think the world of them,” Tillman said. “They take a lot of pride in playing for Maryland, and playing for our school and our state and our alums. … That’s pretty special.”

[Read more: Maryland men’s lacrosse midfielder Jared Bernhardt earned Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week]

While the Terps’ graduating class has made a memorable impact, the seniors said playing lacrosse in College Park has influenced them, too.

Rambo is about to become the second person in his family to complete college. He’s excited to participate in the Senior Day festivities with his aunts, uncles, parents and older brother in attendance.

Davis-Allen anticipates to feel a mixture of joy and sadness as he rushes onto the field Saturday through a tunnel created by his teammates’ arms. After countless hours spent with them at meals, late-night study hall sessions and in-game battles over the past four seasons, he feels a lasting connection.

And when Davis-Allen graduates, he knows his tight-knit relationship with other players will endure.

“We’ve really built friendships that are stronger than anything else possible,” Davis-Allen said. “So anytime I’m in Philly, I’m going to talk to Matt [Rambo]. Or if I’m up [on Long Island], I’m going to talk to a guy like Tim Muller.”

Back when Rambo battled jitters before his first college contest, he said he was “anxious to get [the game] over with.” Since then, he’s gained a new perspective.

Rather than being in a rush to leave Maryland, the attackman wishes he had more time.

“I don’t want to leave this place,” Rambo said. “I love this place so much. If I could have another year or two, I would take it in a heartbeat.”