University of Maryland Police responded to reports of hate bias incidents, disorderly conduct and theft over the past two weeks, according to police reports.

Hate bias incidents

On April 19 at 10 a.m., University Police responded to Caroline Hall after a report of a hate bias incident. Earlier that morning, a student reported to a resident assistant that a swastika had been drawn on the wall, University Police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said. It appears the swastika was drawn in pencil, and officers notified building authorities to have the drawing removed. The drawing will remain covered by a piece of paper in the interim. The case remains open.

University Police responded to Ritchie Coliseum for a hate bias incident on April 12 at about 8:20 p.m. A university student told officers he was walking near Fraternity Row when he heard someone behind him yell a racial slur, Hoaas said. The student turned around and asked three people if they were talking to him. One of the individuals continued to call the student offensive names and tried to start a fight, according to reports. University Police will review video evidence. The case remains open.

Disorderly conduct

On April 6 at 1:32 a.m., an officer saw a man standing on top of a pedestrian signal pole and a crowd cheering him on at the intersection of Knox Road and Route 1, Hoaas said. The officer stopped the man and asked for identification. He is a student at this university and possessed two fake IDs. The officer confiscated the IDs and issued the man a citation.

The student will also be referred to the Office of Student Conduct, according to reports. The case is closed.

Theft

University Police responded to the biology-psychology building for a theft report on April 11 at 12:40 p.m. A female university employee reported to police that her cellphone was stolen from the building on April 10 between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., while she was in Stamp Student Union to get lunch, Hoaas said. The case remains open.