Maryland men’s lacrosse attackman Matt Rambo has been named one of five finalists for the 2017 Tewaaraton Award, given to the most outstanding Division I player of the season.

Rambo is the second player in Terps history to be a finalist for the award since it become an annual honor in 2001, joining Joe Walters, who was a contender in 2006.

He’ll compete with Trevor Baptiste (Denver), Connor Fields (Albany), Ben Reeves (Yale) and Patrick Spencer (Loyola) for the accolade. The winner will be announced June 1 in Washington, D.C.

[Read more: After breaking records, Matt Rambo wants to end Maryland lacrosse’s 42-year title drought]

Rambo, who was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year, notched 34 goals and 33 assists this campaign. He helped Maryland score 12.32 goals per contest, the second most in the Big Ten.

On April 29, Rambo passed Bob Boneillo for the Terps’ career points record with a first-half score against Johns Hopkins. With seven more finishes, he’ll jump Walters for the program’s goals record.

Behind Rambo’s production, Maryland is the No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament and will host Bryant in the first round Sunday. The Terps have made three consecutive final fours and two straight title games.