University of Maryland Police responded to reports of Title IX-related incidents, assault and trespassing, among other incidents this past week, according to police reports.

Title IX-related incidents

University Police responded to the 7500 block of Regents Drive on Oct. 1 at 6:26 p.m. for a report of a Title IX-related harassment/stalking incident that took place between Aug. 16 and Oct. 1, according to police reports.

A female student received unsolicited messages from an unknown individual, police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said. This case is active.

Police responded to Allegany Hall at 2:08 p.m. on Oct. 1 for a Title IX-related theft that took place earlier that day. The case resulted in an arrest.

On Oct. 2 at 3:56 p.m., police responded to the 3900 block of Campus Drive for a noncriminal Title IX-related incident. This case was closed by exception.

Assault

On Oct. 2 at 8:32 p.m., University Police responded to McKeldin Mall for a report of an assault that occurred on Sept. 30. Two male students were sitting by the fountain talking to friends at about 3 a.m., then one of them tried to start a conversation with another group of people on the other side of the fountain, Hoaas said.

A person from the other group walked over to the two male students and was being aggressive, Hoaas said. The suspect then grabbed one of the two male students and threw him onto the ground. When the other student tried to help, the suspect threw him to the ground as well.

One of the students suffered a minor injury to his arm, Hoaas said. Police will review nearby cameras, and this case is still active.

Trespassing

University Police responded to two incidents of trespassing on Oct. 1. One occurred at 11:50 a.m. at Chincoteague Hall and the other at 12:56 p.m. on the 3900 block of Campus Drive. Both cases ended with arrests.

Thefts

University Police responded to the area between the Manufacturing Building and the Neutral Buoyancy Research Facility, where the bike rack is located, for a bicycle theft on Oct. 1 at 4:29 p.m. A male student told officers his bike was stolen between noon and 4:10 p.m. on Oct. 1, Hoaas said.

Police will review nearby cameras. This case is active.

On Oct. 3 at 12:07 a.m., officers responded to Van Munching Hall for a reported bicycle theft. A male student told police his bike was stolen between Sept. 30 at 4 p.m. and Oct. 3 at 12 a.m., Hoaas said. This case is active.