Maryland football defensive back Alex Woods announced via Twitter he would leave the program after the Terps suspended him before the season for an undisclosed code of conduct violation.

“I will like to thank Coach [DJ] Durkin and the Maryland staff for this opportunity but I will be leaving maryland after this semester,” Woods tweeted Monday morning.

Durkin announced Woods and fellow defensive back Markquese Bell had been indefinitely removed from team activities one week before Maryland faced Texas in its season opener. There is not yet word on how Bell, a freshman four-star recruit from Bridgeton, New Jersey, plans to handle his continued absence or when he might rejoin the squad.

Woods arrived in College Park as a three-star recruit and junior college transfer from Lackawanna College in Scranton, Pennsylvania. He did not play a snap with the Terps.

Maryland has handed down a number of code of conduct suspensions since Durkin took over the program. Last year, Maryland suspended running back Lorenzo Harrison and wide receiver DJ Turner for their involvement in an on-campus airsoft gun incident, and sidelined linebacker Shane Cockerille for an undisclosed incident before the 2016 Quick Lane Bowl.

Cockerille returned for the first four games this year but was not allowed to travel to Ohio State due to another conduct violation. Durkin said he’s day-to-day with the program but did not offer a concrete timeline for when he might return.