University of Maryland Police responded to reports of assault, disorderly conduct and theft during the past 10 days, according to police reports.

Assault

University Police responded to the 4300 block of Knox Road for a report of an ongoing fight on Oct. 27 at 2:30 a.m., police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said.

Officers arrived at the scene and separated two men screaming at each other. One of the men, 20-year-old Aalin Izhar, put his hands on the chest of the other man — who is a student at this university — and tore off his necklace, Hoaas said.

Izhar continued to yell when an officer tried to talk to him. The officer told him to lower his voice, but Izhar yelled an expletive at the officer and hit the officer's hand, Hoaas said.

Izhar was arrested and charged with second-degree assault, second-degree assault of a law enforcement officer, disorderly conduct and malicious destruction of property less than $1,000, Hoaas said.

No injuries were reported, and Izhar was taken to the Department of Corrections. This case is closed.

Disorderly conduct

On Oct. 28 at about 7 p.m. an officer working at Maryland Stadium responded to a report of disorderly conduct.

A male student outside of Gate E was yelling and acting out after staff said there was no re-entry into the stadium, Hoaas said. He thought he lost his phone inside and wanted to look for it.

The student tried to re-enter the stadium but was denied, and he found his phone in his pocket, Hoaas said. He was told to leave the area but approached an officer.

The officer put his hand on the student's chest to stop him from moving further toward him, but the student pushed his hand away. A female friend of the student tried to get him to leave, but he didn't listen.

An additional officer responded and brought the student to the ground and put him in handcuffs, Hoaas said. He was detained briefly at the stadium then released.

Theft

University Police on duty at Maryland Stadium responded to a report of theft on Oct. 28 at about 4:15 p.m.

Male student Robert Viglione stole a football helmet from an athletics department table, Hoaas said.

Officers found Viglione and told him he was under arrest, but he fled the scene. Viglione continued to resist arrest, and officers brought him to the ground and put him in handcuffs, Hoaas said.

Viglione was taken to the Department of Corrections and was charged with theft under $1,000 and resisting arrest. This case is closed.