Three Maryland Democrats have called on Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), the longest-serving member of Congress, to resign from the House of Representatives amid accusations that he sexually harassed multiple women.

A spokesperson for House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said he believes former Senate Judiciary Committee staffer Melanie Sloan, as well as other women who have accused Conyers, calling the accusations “serious and credible” in a tweet.

As I have said, the allegations against Rep. Conyers are serious and credible. As we continue to hear more, I think it is appropriate for him to resign.
— Steny Hoyer (@WhipHoyer) November 30, 2017

Marion Brown, a former Conyers staffer, alleged the congressman touched her inappropriately and propositioned her for sex several times, The Washington Post reported.

“Look, I think it’s very tough to come forward and make an allegation because it subjects you — obviously the victim — to very very uncomfortable, and that’s probably the lightest term you can use, and possible adverse consequences,” Hoyer told reporters on Tuesday, according to Business Insider.

[Read more: Maryland gubernatorial candidate proposes plan to combat sexual harassment]

Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.) said it’s “abundantly clear that Rep. Conyers repeatedly acted inappropriately,” and should resign, The Post reported. Delaney will not seek re-election and declared a presidential bid in the 2020 election in July.

Rep. John Sarbanes (D-Md.) agreed Conyer’s resignation “would be the best thing,” The Post reported. Rep. Anthony Brown (D-Md.), a member of the House Ethics Committee, said rules bar him from publicly commenting on the allegations as the committee begins to investigate, a spokesman told The Post.

The accusations against Conyers come after several women accused Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) of touching them inappropriately. Multiple lawmakers have called on Franken to resign, and the Senate Ethics Committee has since launched a misconduct investigation.

Arnold E. Reed, Conyers’ attorney, said Conyers “is not going to be pressured” by anyone to resign. He added that the accusations are “serious and are being taken seriously,” CNN reported.

“Mr. Conyers has indicated from day one that he hasn’t done anything wrong, hasn’t engaged in any type of sexual harassment with any former employee or anyone,” Reed said.