Maryland football cornerback JC Jackson will leave the program a year early for the 2018 NFL Draft, Jackson announced via Instagram.

Jackson was an All-Big Ten honorable mention this past season after recording three interceptions and recovering a fumble.

The Terps’ top cornerback began his college career as a four-star recruit at Florida, but he was kicked off the roster after being charged with three counts of home invasion robbery and one count of burglary regarding an incident in Gainesville, Florida. He was found not guilty of all four felony charges.

Jackson hopes to fulfill the promise that once made him one of the highest-rated rookies in the SEC.

“Maryland has provided a home for me the past 2 years and nothing has made me prouder to be a Terrapin,” Jackson wrote on Instagram. “After thinking long and hard about what my future holds, I have officially decided to forgo my senior year and enter the 2018 #NFL Draft.”

In addition to Jackson’s departure, defensive back Josh Woods will graduate, meaning the Terps have two key secondary roles to fill next season. Woods had two interceptions as a senior.

Tino Ellis, a former four-star recruit who will be a junior in 2018, could take over the team’s top cornerback slot.

Image via Instagram.