As we come to the end of an exciting year of Maryland athletics, we at Terps Watch decided to rank the top 10 Maryland games of 2017, across all sports.

Five of our writers (Connor Newcomb, Jordan Katz, Harrison Cann, Gabe Fernandez and Liam Beatus) submitted a top-10 list, and all five lists were combined to make the final selections.

We released games ranked 10 through six on Thursday, and we now present you with the top 5 Maryland games of 2017.

5. Football: Maryland 51, No. 23 Texas 41 (Sep. 2)

Texas was supposed to be “back,” and Maryland wasn’t given much of a chance as it traveled to Austin to open the season. But the Terps jumped out to a 27-7 lead in the first half, shocking the college football world.

The Longhorns crept back in, and the Terps lost starting quarterback Tyrrell Pigrome to a knee injury late in the third quarter. That pushed Kasim Hill under center for Maryland as the team clung to a three-point lead. But the true freshman got the job done, leading the Terps on two touchdown drives and securing the 10-point win that proved Maryland, not Texas, was back.

4. Women’s lacrosse: No. 1 Maryland 16, No. 12 Boston College 13 (May 28)

After losing to rival North Carolina in the 2016 National Championship game, the Terps were hungry to right the ship this year, and they did just that.

Maryland was a perfect 22-0 heading into the title game against Boston College. The Eagles kept it close, but the Terps pulled away in the second half to win their 14th national championship and cap off a perfect season.

3. Field hockey: No. 9 Maryland 3, No. 2 Duke 2 (Nov. 12)

Some of the most enjoyable wins in Maryland athletics history have come against Duke. So a win over Duke that sent the Terps to the Final Four? That’s even sweeter.

After having already lost to Duke once this season and trailing the Blue Devils 2-1 with less than eight minutes left in the NCAA quarterfinal matchup, Terps freshman Bodil Keus saved the day with a game-tying goal off a penalty corner.

Then, two minutes later, star junior Linnea Gonzales scored the biggest goal of her career, giving Maryland the 3-2 lead that the team would retain to upset Duke and advance to the Final Four. The Terps may no longer be in the ACC, but beating the Blue Devils is still just as sweet.

2. Men’s basketball: Maryland 63, Michigan State 60 (March 4)

It was senior day for the Terps, in what everyone knew would be the last home game for Melo Trimble. Well, I’d say he went out with a bang.

Trimble led the Terps with 16 points in what was arguably the tightest game of the season for Maryland. The highlight came with six seconds to play and the score tied at 60. Rather than drive to the rim like Mark Turgeon wanted, Trimble pulled up from deep and took the shot.

And he made it.

1. Men’s lacrosse: No. 1 Maryland 9, No. 3 Ohio State 6 (May 29)

Going into yet another NCAA championship game, everybody knew that Maryland hadn’t won a title since 1975. And the Terps were facing the Ohio Satte Buckeyes for the third time this season, so both teams knew what was coming.

However, after ending up on the losing end of the championship game in four of the previous six seasons, the Terps finally came out on top. John Tillman and the boys getting it done in Gillette Stadium earned the undisputed top spot on our list.