On Dec. 3, 2017, Maryland men’s basketball pulled out a wild 92-91 road win over Illinois. They have not won a road game since then. The world was pretty different back in the early days of December. Let’s take a look back.

Steve Aird was the volleyball coach

Maryland volleyball missed making the NCAA Tournament by exactly one team last season. It was disappointing, but a sign of progress that Steve Aird has his team that close to making the postseason. However, Aird wound up leaving the Terps on Dec. 27 to take the same job with Indiana. The Terps eventually replaced Aird with his former assistant, Adam Hughes.

Walt Bell was the offensive coordinator for football

Aird was not the only notable member of a Maryland coaching staff to say farewell to College Park. Offensive coordinator Walt Bell left Maryland to join Willie Taggart’s coaching staff at Florida State in a move that was first reported on Jan. 16 and confirmed by Bell himself on Jan. 18. Bell’s offense struggled with Max Bortenschlager at quarterback, but the way Tyrrell Pigrome carved through Texas showed what Bell’s offense could look like when everyone was healthy.

The Eagles had never won the Super Bowl and their starting QB was Carson Wentz

On Dec. 3, the Eagles looked like Super Bowl contenders, with Carson Wentz playing like an MVP candidate as the Eagles enjoyed an impressive 10-2 record. One week later, Wentz suffered a torn ACL and was out for the season.

Of course, we all know what happened from there.

Stefon Diggs hadn’t caught that touchdown

Don’t think this one needs any additional commentary.

The Cleveland Cavaliers’ roster looked different

Back when Maryland beat Illinois, Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade and Isaiah Thomas were all members of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Now, none of them are. A few days ago, the Cavs traded essentially their entire roster in an effort to surround LeBron James with better talent as they gear up for another chance to play the Golden State Warriors (or maybe the Houston Rockets) in the NBA Finals.

Bruno Mars had six fewer Grammys

Bruno Mars had a pretty wonderful night at the 2018 Grammys, coming away with six awards for his album 24K Magic as well as two of his songs from the album, “24K Magic” and “That’s What I Like.”