Maryland dropped both games of its doubleheader Saturday, losing 5-0 to UC Riverside and 4-3 to Cal Poly in eight innings.

In the first game against UC Riverside, the Terps were held to one hit — a single in the bottom of the fourth by infielder Skylynne Ellazar — and committed three errors.

UC Riverside’s big inning came in the second. Highlanders catcher Jenae Lockwood hit a two-out RBI triple to break a scoreless tie. Karter Williams followed that up with a two-run homer to stretch the lead to 3-0.

The Highlanders were led by right-handed pitcher Tayler Misfeldt, who threw a complete game shutout and struck out nine batters, while needing only 80 pitches to finish the game.

Game two was scoreless until the third inning, when Cal Poly used a single and a sacrifice fly to push across two runs and take the lead.

Maryland came back to tie the score on an RBI single by Ellazar in the bottom of the third and an RBI double by Jacqui Pascual in the fourth.

Cal Poly regained the lead in the sixth inning on an RBI single by center fielder Amanda Sandoval.

In the bottom of the seventh, a two-out error allowed Terps freshman Taylor Wilson to reach base and load the bases. A passed ball allowed outfielder Amanda Brashear to come in from third base and force extra innings.

The advantage swung back to the Mustangs in the eighth. Starting with an automatic runner on second base for the extra inning, an RBI single by catcher Noa Yakir brought in the go-ahead run.

In the bottom of the frame, Anna Kufta was the runner placed on base for the Terps. A sacrifice bunt by Pascual moved her over to third, but Cal Poly pitcher Steffi Best was able to work out of the jam, inducing a pop out and a fly out to end the game and secure Cal Poly’s second win in as many days over Maryland.

The Terps are back in action Sunday afternoon against Middle Tennessee in their fifth and final game of the Stacy Winsberg Memorial tournament in Los Angeles.