Maryland softball picked up a 2-0 win over IUPUI on Friday but was unable to upset host Louisville, falling 4-1.

Starter Ryan Denhart dominated in game one for the Terps, putting together her best performance as a collegiate pitcher. The freshman threw a complete game shutout, allowing only four hits, striking out five, and not issuing any walks.

The complete game was Denhart’s third of the year, and the win moved her record to 2-5 on the season.

Maryland’s runs came in the fourth, when IUPUI infielder Delainey Turner made an error on a ground ball hit by infielder Brigette Nordberg. The error allowed Maryland baserunners to come in from second and third.

Both teams had defensive issues on the afternoon, making three errors apiece, but only the Jaguars were harmed by their miscues.

In game two, Louisville grabbed the lead in the third inning. A two-run double and an RBI single against Maryland starter Sydney Golden gave the Cardinals a three-run cushion.

Other than the third inning, Golden showed an ability to escape jams against the Cardinals. In both the fourth and fifth inning, Golden induced a ground-ball double play to erase a baserunner and evade a threat. She had a solid start, allowing six hits, walking three and striking out five.

Golden was outdueled by Louisville ace Danielle Watson. Watson threw a complete game, allowing two hits and one walk while striking out eight.

Maryland was held hitless and scoreless until the fifth, when infielder Taylor Wilson hit a solo home run to cut the deficit to two.

Louisville tacked on an insurance run in the sixth, when Nicole Pufahl tripled to right field and scored on a wild pitch.

Maryland threatened in the seventh, putting runners on the corners to bring up the tying run with nobody out. But a foul out and two strike outs ended the contest.