The University of Maryland is hiring two new staff members, including a hate bias response coordinator, in its Office of Diversity and Inclusion.

Carlton Green will be the director of diversity training and education, a post he began on April 9. Neijma Celestine-Donnor will be the program manager for hate/bias response starting April 20, according to a university news release.

Green, who has a master’s and a doctorate in counseling psychology, has more than 20 years of experience working in higher education and joins the office from the Counseling Center.

In his new role, he will will lead the office’s diversity training and education programming, and will develop a strategy for diversity training education. He will also lead and implement campuswide discourse programs on diversity and inclusion and collaborate with faculty, according to the release.

[Read more: Amid uptick in UMD hate bias incidents, officials open campus diversity survey]

Celestine-Donnor, who holds a master’s degree in social work and is a licensed clinical social work supervisor, also holds certificates in diversity management, project management and executive management, according to the release.

In her new role, Celestine-Donnor will lead a team aiming to support individuals, groups and communities affected by hate and bias, and develop training, workshop and awareness events. She will also collaborate on education and outreach efforts to prevent hate and bias on the campus.

The university announced in November it would hire a hate bias response coordinator to collaborate with other offices, part of a slew of initiatives following the killing of visiting student 2nd Lt. Richard Collins on this campus in what is being tried as a hate crime.

Hate bias incidents can be reported to the Office of Civil Rights and Sexual Misconduct or University Police. Under the protocol, announced in November, the entity must acknowledge receipt of the report within 48 hours and notify the hate bias response coordinator.

[Read more: Hate crimes and bias incidents affect the UMD community. Help us track them.]

Affected individuals can meet with the coordinator if they desire to, Chief Diversity Officer Roger Worthington said in November.

“As we anticipate the forthcoming findings and recommendations from the Joint Task Force, the Campus Climate Study, and the campus-wide external review of diversity and inclusion, these two highly qualified professionals will add critical skills and expertise to our institutional response,” Worthington said in the release.