Maryland basketball signed three-star combo guard Serrel Smith on Wednesday via Twitter. He becomes the fourth member of Mark Turgeon’s 2018 recruiting class.

Smith averaged 29.3 points per game as a senior at St. Petersburg High School in Florida. He is the No. 178 overall prospect and the No. 13 combo guard in the country, according to 247Sports.

The 6-foot-3, 170-pound guard originally signed with Ole Miss in November, but he was released from his scholarship after Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy departed from the program. After reopening his recruitment, Smith reportedly considered multiple schools, including Illinois, Miami and Tennessee.

This past weekend, Smith made his official visit to College Park, leading him to commit to the Terps. He emphasized the importance of Turgeon’s coaching philosophy on his decision.

“It’s an offense that features a lot of screen and rolls where they spread the floor,” Smith said in a statement. “It fits my game well and it’s a system that I’m excited to play in. I feel like I can contribute for this team on both ends of the court.”

Smith will accompany a loaded class that includes five-star power forward and McDonald’s All-American Jalen Smith, four-star small forward Aaron Wiggins, and four-star combo guard Eric Ayala.

With the addition of Serrel Smith, the Terps have the No. 7 recruiting class in the country and the No. 1 recruiting class in the Big Ten, according to 247Sports.

“Serrel is a natural scorer,” Turgeon said. “He has great length, terrific quickness and is a really strong defender. He’s a high-character young man who will fit in nicely with the rest of our new recruiting class and our team.”