Maryland basketball guard Kevin Huerter has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft without hiring an agent, the team announced Friday. If Huerter withdraws by May 30, he will be eligible to return to Maryland for his junior season.

Huerter was All-Big Ten Honorable Mention as a sophomore last year, after averaging 14.8 points and 5.0 rebounds while shooting 41.7 percent from three-point range. The Clifton Park, New York, native averaged 9.3 points in his freshman year.

“This will be a great experience for Kevin to get honest feedback from NBA teams and executives,” coach Mark Turgeon said in a press release.

Huerter hasn’t received much attention from draft analysts — except for ESPN’s Kevin Pelton’s statistical model, which listed him as the No. 26 player in the country according to future NBA value.

The 6-foot-7 guard is the third Maryland player to declare for the draft this offseason. Forward Justin Jackson entered with an agent, while forward Bruno Fernando has taken the same route as Huerter, keeping his options open by not hiring an agent.

Huerter was the team’s second-leading scorer in 2017-18. His departure would likely temper expectations for a team that seemed poised to return nearly all of its contributors after going 8-10 in the Big Ten and missing the postseason for the first time since 2014.