In the Maryland softball team’s series-opening 6-0 loss at No. 14 Michigan on Friday, Wolverines ace Meghan Beaubien allowed just two baserunners a complete-game shutout, showing why the team entered the weekend with the 10th-best ERA in the nation.

Michigan dominated the Terps again in game two Saturday, this time using its powerful offense to score 12 runs in four innings and secure a 12-1 run-rule victory over Maryland.

The Wolverines jumped all over Maryland starter Sydney Golden, scoring multiple runs in each of their four offensive innings. Golden struggled with control, walking seven batters and throwing just over half her pitches for strikes. The Wolverines also capitalized on her mistakes, knocking 12 hits off the junior.

Golden’s defense did her no favors. The Terps made four errors, including three in the second inning which allowed two unearned runs to score, continuing their defensive struggles from Friday’s 6-0 loss, when they made three errors.

After struggling with runners in scoring position Friday, the Wolverines (37-7, 12-1 Big Ten) took advantage of their opportunities against Golden. Michigan went 6-for-13 with runners in scoring position and were 12-for-24 overall.

In the second inning, the Terps (18-29, 7-9) showed their first signs of offensive life of the weekend. Third baseman Brigette Nordberg led off the inning with a home run, and left fielder Amanda Brashear hit a two-out double, but Maryland was unable to drive her in.

From there, Michigan starter Tera Blanco and reliever Sarah Schaefer shut down Maryland’s offense. The two combined to allow just five hits and strike out four batters on just 71 pitches.

Leading 4-1 heading to the bottom of the third inning, Michigan broke the game open with six runs. Catcher Katie Alexander started the scoring with a solo homer. After Golden walked in a run, center fielder Natalie Peters hit a three-run triple and scored on a groundout, pushing Michigan’s lead to 10-1. The Wolverines added two runs on three hits in the fourth and left the bases loaded.

The loss clinches the Terps’ third straight weekend series loss. It also marks the third straight weekend they have been defeated by run-rule at least once.