In case you haven’t heard, the Washington Capitals won the Stanley Cup on Thursday night. Overcoming years of assorted disappointments such as losing to the rival Pittsburgh Penguins and blowing 3-1 leads, the Caps finally got over the hump by beating the Vegas Golden Knights.

Unsurprisingly, the UMD athletics community was rather excited to see the local hockey team get the big victory.

Kasim Hill attended high school in Washington D.C. and was pretty pleased to see his town take home the cup.

Meanwhile, John Tillman, a coach who knows firsthand about ending a lengthy title drought, understands what this win meant for the Capitals better than almost anyone in the world of sports.

Maryland football defensive backs coach and recruiting guru Aazaar Abdul-Rahim joined Tillman as Terps coaches to show the Caps some love after their win.

While he’s no longer a part of Mark Turgeon’s staff, Nima Omidvar was also thrilled to see the big victory for Washington.

Maryland baseball assistant coach Matt Swope even celebrated the victory by posting a #ThrowbackThursday picture of himself as a young Caps fan.

And of course we can’t forget one of the most active Twitter users in the Maryland athletics community, former football player A.J. Francis.

It took a while, but the Caps have finally done it and Maryland players and coaches couldn’t have been happier to see it happen.