Looks like Kevin Huerter has a few haters already, and the NBA Draft hasn’t even happened yet.

HoopsHype, an online website specializing in NBA talk, published its latest mock draft on Friday. Aran Smith had Huerter at No. 25 to the Los Angeles Lakers, but the real story was the blurb for the former Maryland basketball standout (emphasis ours):

Huerter could ultimately go 5-10 spots higher, but the Lakers are a team that has shown definite interest in him. He could potentially provide a Korver type of shooter if he can learn to get open looks and really has the pure shooting stroke that some envision. He wasn’t the most popular teammate at Maryland, so the hope will be that he matures being around pros that take him under his wing.

It’s the last sentence that had Terps fans and players, including Huerter himself, up in arms.

Former Maryland basketball player Justin Jackson, who also declared for the draft this year, chimed in to defend Huerter.

Ivan Bender agreed with Jackson.

Former Terps guard Jared Nickens retweeted Jackson’s tweet. And Nickens’ dance partner Jaylen Brantley felt similarly to the group.

There were plenty of other comments on the issue, many of which weren’t friendly enough to put on here, but you can check them out for yourself on Twitter.

With this mock draft, did HoopsHype just start a beef with Maryland basketball? Only time will tell, but I’d expect the Terps to remember this.