After upsetting No. 23 Texas for the second consecutive year, Maryland football earned two Big Ten weekly honors, with defensive back Antoine Brooks and wide receiver Jeshaun Jones both garnering recognition.

Brooks was named Co-Defensive Player of the Week and Jones was awarded Co-Freshman of the Week following the 34-29 victory.

Brooks led the Terps with 11 tackles and sealed the game when he intercepted Longhorns quarterback Sam Ehlinger with little over a minute remaining. Jones was involved in three first-half touchdowns — one rushing, one receiving and one throwing — that helped build a cushion for Maryland, before Texas came back to make it a nailbiter.

Brooks, a 2017 All-Big Ten honorable mention, led the Terps with 53 solo tackles last year and was second in total tackles. Brooks’ 9.5 tackles for loss also paced Big Ten defensive backs.

Jones, a freshman wideout, scored a 28-yard jet sweep early in the first quarter, on his first touch of tas a Terp. His second resulted in a 65-yard touchdown reception and his third was a touchdown pass to wide receiver Taivon Jacobs on a trick play.

Brooks was named a Co-Special Teams Player of the Week after last season’s win over Texas, when the Lanham native returned a blocked field goal 71 yards for a touchdown.