Former Terp and Toronto FC first-round pick Tsubasa Endoh netted a hat trick Sunday for Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League (USL). Endoh scored two goals in the first half but had to wait until the second half to get his hat trick, but it was worth the wait.

After FC Cincinnati lost the ball in their own half of the pitch, Endoh received the ball just outside the penalty box and fired an impressive shot to earn his hat trick. He curled the ball into the top corner to give Toronto a 3-2 lead in the 73rd minute.

Hailing from Japan, Endoh was a midfielder for the Terps from 2012 to 2015, where he helped the Terps win four consecutive Big Ten championships and was named second-team All-Big Ten his senior season.

After his Maryland career ended, Endoh was selected with the ninth overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft. After one season in MLS for Toronto FC, he has spent the last two seasons with Toronto FC II in the USL. Toronto FC II serves a minor league team for the MLS squad, which means if Endoh keeps scoring like this he’ll have another chance to get playing time in the big leagues.

Despite Endoh’s hat trick, Toronto FC II was defeated by FC Cincinnati 4-3. However, the Ohio club will be shortly joining MLS, so there’s no real shame in losing to them.