Following a heartbreaking 2-1 loss to Wisconsin in double overtime Friday night, the Maryland men’s soccer team visits Rutgers on Wednesday for a midweek conference matchup.

Here are three things to know about the match.

Maryland blew its first lead of the season last game

Before Friday, the Terps hadn’t had to play with an advantage for long this season. Maryland didn’t score a goal until 76 minutes into its fifth game, a 1-0 win over West Virginia. Against Northwestern, the Terps never led until their golden goal in overtime.

But after scoring in the seventh minute against Wisconsin, Maryland was finally forced to protect a lead. After holding on for 82 minutes, the Terps suffered from a pinball play on the backline that gave the Badgers the equalizer with 53 seconds left in regulation. Wisconsin went on to win in the 107th minute.

Coach Sasho Cirovski said it was the first loss this season that left the team with “an empty feeling.”

“We need a day or two to get the minds and bodies right,” Cirovski said after the loss. “Then, we’ll get ready for Wednesday.”

Rutgers’ defense gives Maryland a chance at a jumpstart

The Scarlet Knights rank 201st out of 205 teams in goals allowed average, conceding at least two goals in six of their seven games this season. Rutgers has already given up 20 goals, amplified by an 8-1 loss to Elon earlier this month.

After Maryland’s failure to score a dagger against the Badgers, the Scarlet Knights could give the team an opportunity to work on its ability to put away teams before disaster strikes. As they have for much of the season, the Terps had their chances on Friday but couldn’t score again after the seventh-minute.

Three of Maryland’s four goals this season have come from midfielder William James Herve and forward Paul Bin, both of whom are first-year starters. Scoring has been the overwhelming weakness so far for the Terps, who are tied for the 13th-fewest goals in the country.

“We’re doing everything we can to train it,” Cirovski said. “Sometimes they go in. Sometimes they don’t. That’s the bottom line.”

Maryland could still be without defender Chase Gasper

Gasper has missed the last two games with a back injury, and there has been no update on when he might return. The senior has been injury-prone throughout his college career. He played in only three games in 2016, his final year at UCLA, because of a groin injury. He then missed five games late last season with another groin injury.

The Terps have been difficult to beat with Gasper in the lineup at left back. Last season, Gasper helped contribute to nine clean sheets. This year, the Terps finally got a win without him Sept. 14 against Northwestern but conceded the two late goals against Wisconsin.

Over the past two seasons, Maryland is 11-2-6 with Gasper playing and 1-6 without him.

“It is a setback to lose some players,” midfielder Amar Sejdic said after Maryland’s win over Northwestern. “But everyone knows they have their own role to do, whether they’re a starter or a player coming in off the bench.”

The Terps have battled injury and illness throughout the season. Forward Sebastian Elney missed two games with an ankle injury and, after being sick in the middle of last week, played only seven minutes against the Badgers. Three players missed the Northwestern game because they were sick.