Four-star small forward Donta Scott announced Wednesday his verbal commitment to Maryland men’s basketball. He becomes the third member of coach Mark Turgeon’s 2019 recruiting class.

Scott attends Imhotep Institute Charter High School in Philadelphia. Last year, he was voted Pennsylvania Class 4A player of the year while averaging 11.5 points per game and winning back-to-back PIAA Class 4A titles.

[Read more: Four-star twins Makhi and Makhel Mitchell commit to Maryland basketball]

Scott continued to impress during the summer, earning a scholarship offer from the Terps in late June. On the grassroots circuit, Scott spent last season with Philly Pride, where he averaged 13.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 3.9 assists per game, according to Prep Circuit.

247Sports rates Scott the No. 126 overall recruit in the 2019 class. The 6-foot-6 slasher is the No. 31 small forward in the country and ranks as the No. 6 prospect in Pennsylvania. Scott chose the Terps over La Salle, Temple, Seton Hall and South Carolina.

[Read more: Four-star guard Marcus Dockery becomes Maryland men’s basketball’s first 2020 commitment]

Scott officially visited College Park on Sept. 14. The 200-pound forward joins D.C. centers Makhi and Makhel Mitchell as the only commits in the 2019 class. His commitment improved the Terps’ class from No. 34 to No. 17 nationally, according to 247Sports.

With Bruno Fernando and Jalen Smith potentially declaring for the NBA draft and Ivan Bender graduating, Turgeon will need to continue recruiting big men to bolster his future frontcourt.

This article has been updated.