Maryland football defensive back Qwuantrezz Knight announced his intention to transfer away from College Park via a tweet on Monday.

Knight will leave the team immediately, a team spokesperson said.

“This decision comes from my own personal desire to grow as an athlete and person,” Knight wrote in his statement.

As a junior this year, Knight appeared in four games, recording five tackles and a forced fumble.

The Quincy, Florida, native saw significantly more playing time in his first two seasons. As a freshman, Knight earned one start at safety and appeared in 11 games total, accumulating 27 tackles. As a sophomore, he played all 12 games and managed 13 tackles.

But Knight’s role seemed to decrease this year, with Darnell Savage and Antwaine Richardson holding down Maryland’s starting safety positions.

[Read more: Following the investigation into Maryland football’s culture]

Knight is the first Terp to transfer since DJ Durkin was fired last week, although Knight’s statement didn’t mention the former coach.

On Tuesday, the University System of Maryland Board of Regents recommended Durkin be reinstated as head coach, after spending more than two months on administrative leave. But after significant backlash from the public — and a faction of players within the program — university President Wallace Loh fired Durkin following Wednesday’s practice.

Over the summer, after offensive lineman Jordan McNair died from heatstroke and ESPN reported on allegations of a “toxic culture,” freshman linebacker Nihym Anderson transferred to Rutgers.

There hasn’t been a mass exodus of players from Maryland, though, even with an independent investigation confirming there was abuse in the program, and that significant issues within the athletic department allowed the abuse to happen.