Despite only playing one season for the Terps, linebacker Tre Watson made an impact on Maryland football.

On Tuesday, it was announced that Watson earned All-Big Ten First Team honors from the media and was named to the All-Big Ten Second Team by coaches. Watson became the first Terp to be a part of the All-Big Ten First Team since Yannick Ngakoue did so in 2015.

Watson, a graduate transfer from Illinois, recorded a Big Ten-leading 114 total tackles with three being for a loss and one sack. Despite recording only one interception in his three years at Illinois, Watson led the Big Ten with five interceptions, including a pick six against Minnesota.

Seven other Terps found themselves honored by the Big Ten.

Senior safety Darnell Savage Jr., who finished second in the Big Ten with four interceptions, was named to the All-Big Ten Second Team by both the media and coaches. Meanwhile, junior defensive back Antoine Brooks Jr. is a part of the All-Big Ten Second Team from the coaches and was an honorable mention by the media. Brooks’ most important play of the season came when he intercepted Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger to seal Maryland’s win over the Longhorns.

Senior defensive lineman Byron Cowart and junior defensive back Tino Ellis were also named honorable mentions, while freshman kicker Joseph Petrino, senior punter Wade Lees, and senior kick returner Ty Johnson were All-Big Ten honorable mentions for special teams.

Maryland came up short of a bowl game, but the Terps still had plenty of individual talents on defense and special teams this year.