Kevin Huerter has enjoyed a very good start to his rookie campaign for the Atlanta Hawks. On Wednesday, Huerter put up his first NBA double-double in a 116-100 loss to the Brooklyn Nets.

The former Terp shot 6-of-15 from the floor, tallying 14 points and grabbing up 10 rebounds. Huerter also led all Hawks in minutes played, as he was on the floor for 37 minutes in the loss. He hit a couple of tough shots for the Hawks, including this nice turnaround jumper.

Huerter, nicknamed “Red Velvet” by Hawks fans, missed the Hawks previous game with a toe injury but had started 20 consecutive games prior. Huerter has had a very productive rookie season, averaging 8.2 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game while shooting 36.7 percent from behind the arc. He has caught the attention of many NBA fans and ranked seventh in CBS Sports’ rookie power rankings last week.

In his two years at Maryland, Huerter had three double-doubles. One was in his freshman year against Richmond, and two were in his sophomore year against Farleigh Dickinson and Indiana.

The double-double for Huerter comes in the same week that former Terrapin Jake Layman recorded his first NBA double-double. Layman had 10 points and 10 rebounds against the Knicks on Monday night.