A car driven by a University of Maryland student crashed into a brick wall outside the Alpha Chi Omega sorority house Wednesday night, University Police said.

The car, a black Honda Civic, was headed east on College Avenue at about 9 p.m. when it struck a black Honda CRV traveling south on Yale Avenue, police spokesperson Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said. The CRV stopped at the stop sign before it began moving and the Civic struck it, she added in a message.

The Civic then ran into the wall around the stairs leading up to the sorority house, Hoaas said.

Medics came to the scene and evaluated those involved in the crash, and no one had to be transported to a hospital, Hoaas added. Both cars sustained “disabling damages” and had their airbags deploy.

Both vehicles were driven by students at this university, Hoaas said. Police do not suspect drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash.

Katelyn McIlvain, a junior communication major and a resident of the house, was studying in the kitchen with a friend when the crash occurred.

“We heard it, but we felt it with our bodies,” she said. “We look outside, and there’s just a car, like, a foot away from us.”

Ellie Lavery, a sophomore psychology and public health science major, was also in the house when the crash happened. She said the events of the night were “pretty interesting.”

“It’s a story we’re all going to be able to tell for years to come,” Lavery said.

A previous version of this story said that a black Honda Civic and a black Honda CRV collided after they both failed to stop at a stop sign. The Honda CRV stopped at the stop sign before it began moving and the Honda Civic struck it. This story has been updated.