Maryland athletics has not released any data regarding coronavirus testing, a university spokesperson said.

This university allowed athletes to return to campus for voluntary individual workouts starting June 15. All sessions were to be completed outside in accordance with social distancing guidelines. The athletic department required that athletes wear face coverings, and offered “educational activities” to ensure that they followed appropriate practices.

[Maryland athletics to allow voluntary workouts for football players beginning June 15]

Furthermore, all returning students were tested for COVID-19 and given a physical and mental health screening. Each athlete also had to self-report as symptom-free for 14 days, and confirm that they had no known contact with anyone with coronavirus. Prior to every workout, each participant has been subject to a daily wellness screening, including a questionnaire and temperature check.

Numerous universities around the country have been releasing testing data. LSU, Clemson, Kansas State and Texas have all reached the tens, with LSU acknowledging on June 21 that “at least 30” of the team’s 115 athletes were required to self-isolate. Other programs have taken more drastic measures, as Houston shut down its voluntary workouts after six players tested positive on June 12.

The NCAA allowed athletes across all sports to return to campuses for voluntary activities on June 1. However, its announcement left exact timings up to individual conferences and schools. SEC universities returned as early as June 8, while some programs are yet to resume activities. While the NCAA has banned countable activities through June 30, it has made no announcement to suggest any major changes to sports for the 2020-21 academic year.

CORRECTION: Due to a reporting error, a previous version of this article and its headline stated that Maryland athletics will not release coronavirus testing data. The department has not released data regarding coronavirus testing, but it has not made a decision about the future. This article has been updated.