Center Shaquille Cleare slams down a miss in the first half of the Terps’ 90-83 loss to Oregon State at Comcast Cneter on Nov. 17, 2013.

The Terrapins men’s basketball team is set to open the Paradise Jam today and is guaranteed to play three games in the Virgin Islands in four days. Here’s a breakdown of the Terps’ potential opponents:

Marist

The Red Foxes, the Terps’ first opponent in the Paradise Jam, enter the tournament with an 0-4 record after finishing 10-21 last season. But Marist does have a couple standouts in guard Chavaughn Lewis and center Adam Kemp, both of whom were named to a preseason all-MAAC team. Lewis, a junior, scored his 1,000th career point in a loss to Elon on Nov. 10.

Northern Iowa

If the 1-2 Panthers meet the Terps in the semifinals of the tournament, coach Mark Turgeon will need to find a way to counter Northern Iowa’s depth. They have four players who average at least 10 points per game, led by forward Chip Rank’s 15.3 points per contest. Forward Marvin Singelton averages four points per game, but he makes his contribution on the glass, where he snagged 13 in his lone game this year.

Loyola Marymount

The Lions will face Northern Iowa in the first round, and they too have four players averaging double-figure marks in scoring. Loyola Marymount’s point guard Anthony Ireland averages 16.5 points, seven assists and five rebounds per game. Ireland and the Lions could play the Terps in the second round depending on how things shake out.

Providence

The Friars are out to a 4-0 start this season and even beat Boston College in overtime in their season opener. Guard Bryce Cotton has led the charge with 20 points and seven assists per game while forward LaDontae Henton has chipped in 17.3 points and 9.5 rebounds per contest. The Friars and Terps are on opposite sides of the bracket, so they could potentially face off in the championship.

Vanderbilt

The Commodores enter their opening round game with Providence on the heels of an 85-77 overtime loss to Butler. Still, sophomore guard Eric McClellan and sharpshooting forward Rod Odom have Vanderbilt out to a 2-1 start to the season. McClellan averages 20 points per game and Odom has shot 57.1 percent from 3-point range through three games.

Morgan State

The Bears are the only other school from this state that will play in the Virgin Islands this week, and they’ve started the season on a tough streak. Morgan State is 0-4, and that includes a 20-point loss to in-state rival Towson. Senior guard Justin Black heads the Bears’ attack with 20 points per game.

La Salle

Guard Tyreek Duren leads the 2-2 Explorers with 17.5 points, 4.8 assists and four rebounds per game. La Salle also relies on guard Tyrone Garland, who played his first two college seasons in the ACC with Virginia Tech and is averaging 17.3 points per contest in his senior season. The Explorers open the Paradise Jam against Morgan State on the opposite side of the bracket from the Terps.