After defeating Louisville on Tuesday night, the Terrapins women’s basketball team is back in the Final Four for the first time since 2006 when it captured the program’s lone national championship in coach Brenda Frese’s fourth season. 

Staff writer Paul Pierre-Louis and photographer Alik McIntosh will be in Nashville, Tenn., to cover all of the action, starting when the No. 4-seed Terps take on No. 1-seed Notre Dame on Sunday night. No. 1-seed Connecticut and No. 2-seed Stanford round out the field.

Pierre-Louis can be followed on Twitter at @PaulPierreLouis for live updates, and don’t forget to follow @DBKSports and @thedbk for photos, updates, links and more from Bridgestone Arena. Additionally, follow The Diamondback on Instagram at @thedbk for more photos.

The Terps are led by three-time ACC Player of the Year and All-American Alyssa Thomas, who is averaging 19.1 points and 11 rebounds per game, and she’s joined as a top contributor by guard Lexie Brown, who scored 20 points in the Terps’ Elite Eight win over No. 3-seed Louisville and is averaging 10.1 points per game.

The Terps have played two of the teams in the Final Four already, falling to UConn, 72-55, on Nov. 15 and Notre Dame, 87-83, on Jan. 27. But the Terps have played some of their best basketball of late with victories over No. 13-seed Army, No. 5-seed Texas, No. 1-seed Tennessee and Louisville in the NCAA tournament to advance this far.

Here’s a look back at all the tournament’s major storylines, some features from the season and tournament photo galleries, and new stories or photos will be added to the top of this page.

NCAA TOURNAMENT

[ READ MORE: Frese: ‘Our job is to be able to crash the party’ ]

[ READ MORE: Frese looks back on 2006 championship team as women’s basketball heads to Final Four ]

[ READ MORE: After grueling turning point, women’s basketball ready for Notre Dame, Final Four ]

[ READ MORE: GALLEN: Underdog women’s basketball has chance to make major statement on national stage ]

[ READ MORE: Final Four Breakdown ]

[ READ MORE: SILENCE AND ADVANCE ]

[ READ MORE: FAMILIAR FACES ]

DANCING ON: Thomas’ 33 points lead Terps past Tennessee, into Elite Eight

FEATURES

NCAA TOURNAMENT PHOTO GALLERIES

[ READ MORE: WBB: Terps vs Louisville ]