Every week, staff writer Phillip Suitts will take a look at the careers of a number of former Terrapins athletes embarking on professional careers in a variety of leagues. Every Thursday, it’s former women’s basketball players.

Kristi Toliver, Guard, Los Angeles Sparks

2013 stats: 14.4 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 3.0 apg, .467 FG%, .818 FT%

Skinny: Toliver and the Sparks had back-to-back games this week. Friday, the former national champion led the Sparks in scoring in a 97-81 loss to the Phoenix Mercury. Toliver had 18 points on 7-of-17 shooting. She also grabbed three boards and dished one assist with three turnovers. Saturday, the Sparks bounced back with a convincing 84-48 victory over the San Antonio Silver Stars. Toliver had 13 points, five rebounds, and six assists with only one turnover. Five games into the season, Toliver is shooting 29.2 percent from three-point range, 11.4 percent below her career average.

Crystal Langhorne, Forward/Center, Washington Mystics

2013 stats: 14.7 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.8 apg, .581 FG%, .667 FT%

Skinny: The Mystics went 1-1 this week. Sunday, Langhorne sunk four straight free throws in the final 23.9 seconds as the Mystics beat the Indiana Fever, 64-60. Those free throws broke a 58-58 tie and gave the Mystics the lead for good. All 16 of Langhorne’s points came in the second half, and she was a perfect 5-of-5 from the field and 6-of-6 from the free throw line. The former Terp also came one rebound short of notching her first double-double of the season. Tuesday, Langhorne scored a season-high 23 points, but the Mystics fell 96-86 to the Seattle Storm in overtime. The sixth-year pro made nine of her 13 shots from the field and went 5-of-6 on free throws. She also grabbed seven rebounds.

Marissa Coleman, Guard/Forward, Los Angeles Sparks

2013 stats: 8.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.2 apg, .472 FG%, .500 FT%

Skinny: Coleman led the sparks in steals in both games this week. Friday, Coleman had two in the loss to the Mercury. Saturday, she had four against the Silver Stars. Coleman also started both games, after starting only once in the Sparks’ first three games. Against the Mercury, Coleman had double-digits points for only the second time this season. The former Terp finished with 11 on 4-of-10 shooting. Saturday, Coleman scored nine points and grabbed two boards.

Lynetta Kizer, Forward, Phoenix Mercury

2013 stats: 2.7 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.0 apg, .500 GF%, 1.000 FT%

Skinny: Kizer, a second-year pro, has seen action in six of the seven Mercury games this season. She played in all three games this week. Friday, Kizer played 11 minutes in Mercury’s win over the Sparks. The former Terp had four points, three boards and two steals. However, she did commit five fouls. In the other two games, Kizer, who was traded from the Tulsa Shock to the Mercury last season, played a combined 14 minutes, grabbed two rebounds but didn’t score.

Tianna Hawkins, Forward, Seattle Storm

2013 stats: 2 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.0 apg, .462 FG%, .000 FT%

Skinny: Hawkins and the Storm had a busy week. They played three games in the course of five days, beginning with a 68-59 loss to the Atlanta Dream on Friday. The Storm then won the next two. Hawkins saw a combined 17 minutes in those three games, grabbing 5 rebounds, and scoring two points. Much of Hawkins’ work is being done away from the spotlight, during practice.

sportsdbk@gmail.com