Every week, staff writer Phillip Suitts will take a look at the careers of a number of former Terrapins athletes embarking on professional careers in a variety of leagues. Every Thursday, it’s former women’s basketball players.

Crystal Langhorne, Forward/Center, Washington Mystics

2013 stats: 13.8 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, .561 FG%, .632 FT%

Skinny: Langhorne had a team and season high in points June 27 when she scored 27 points on 12-of-13 shooting in a 101-97 loss to the Phoenix Mercury. Langhorne contributed in other areas too, grabbing five rebounds. But the next day, she was unable to repeat her great performance scoring only six points, her second-lowest total of the season, on 3-of-9 shooting in a 86-75 loss to the Atlanta Dream, grabbing a team-high five rebounds. Sunday, the former Terp was one of four Mystics starters with 10 or more points in a 84-61 victory over Sklyar Diggins’ Tulsa Shock. Langhorne scored 11 on 3-of-6 shooting from the field and went 5-of-5 on free throws. The victory snapped the Mystics’ five-game losing streak and meant the Mystics (5-6) will have as many wins as last year’s outfit. It was also Mystics coach Mike Thibault 211th WNBA win, tying him for first-all time.

Kristi Toliver, Guard, Los Angeles Sparks 

2013 stats: 13.7 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 3.6 apg, .443 FG%, .783 FT% 

Skinny: Toliver had a team-high nine assists — matching a career high — and only three turnovers in the Sparks’ 96-66 win over the Minnesota Lynx on Tuesday. Toliver also added 14 points on 5-of-11 shooting from the field and 1-of-2 shooting from the foul line. Toliver had a team-high two steals as well. The victory snapped a two-game losing streak for the Sparks. On Friday, the Sparks were routed by the Lynx, losing 88-64. Toliver did score 14 points in the loss, though. A day later, Toliver scored just six points, and the Sparks lost 94-82 to the Chicago Sky. Toliver went 1-of-7 from the field, but she was 4-of-5 on free throws.

Tianna Hawkins, Forward, Seattle Storm 

2013 stats: 3.6 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.0 apg, .607 FG%, 1.000 FT% 

Skinny: Just eight days after scoring a career-high 17 points, Hawkins scored nine points Sunday, the second-highest output of her young career. Hawkins shot 3-of-4 from the field and went 3-of-3 on free throws in a 71-62 loss to the Indiana Fever. Hawkins also grabbed five boards in 18 minutes. Friday, Hawkins played just two minutes, scoring two points, in a 67-62 loss to the New York Liberty. Hawkins played nine minutes in the Storm’s 69-60 win over the Chicago Sky on Tuesday. She didn’t even attempt a shot, but the former Terp did grab a defensive board. The victory snapped the Storm’s three-game losing streak.

Marissa Coleman, Guard/Forward, Los Angeles Sparks 

2013 stats: 6.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.2 apg, .431 FG%, .571 FT% 

Skinny: Coleman’s seven points were crucial in a 16-4 run the Sparks had to end the first half Tuesday in a 96-66 win over the Minnesota Lynx. First, the former Terp rebounded a Candace Parker missed free throw and had a traditional three-point play before a layup in transition and a finger roll to cap her scoring for the night. Coleman also had three rebounds and two assists to go along with zero turnovers. In the Sparks’ games Friday and Saturday, Coleman had seven points combined. She did have the second most rebounds, seven, for the Sparks on Saturday in the 94-82 loss to the Chicago Sky.

Lynetta Kizer, Forward, Phoenix Mercury

2013 stats: 2.0 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.1 apg, .529 FG%, .667 FT%

Skinny: The second-year pro played eight minutes Saturday scoring 4 points on 2-of-2 shooting from the field in a 89-70 victory over the Connecticut Sun. She also had two rebounds. That was the most minutes Kizer had played since June 16. However, Kizer saw extended action only because other Mercury bigs, including Brittney Griner, were in foul trouble. Tuesday, the former Terp played just four minutes in a 94-87 victory over the New York Liberty failing to even attempt a shot or grab a board. The Mercury are currently on a four-game winning streak.

sportsdbk@gmail.com