Kevin Dorsey

Former Terrapins football wide receiver Kevin Dorsey was selected in the seventh round of the 2013 NFL draft by the Green Bay Packers on Saturday. Dorsey was the 18th pick of the round and 224th overall.

Dorsey caught 18 passes for 311 yards and four touchdowns last season during the Terps’ 4-8 campaign. He enjoyed his best season in 2011 when he caught 45 passes for 573 yards and three touchdowns. Dorsey had eight catches for 124 yards in the season-opening win against Miami on Sept. 5, 2011, including a 52-yard catch to set up the go-ahead field goal late in the fourth quarter.

As of 250 of 254 draft picks Saturday evening, Dorsey was the lone Terp to be selected.

The Packers — who finished the 2012 season 11-5 and lost in the divisional round to San Francisco — present a good situation for Dorsey. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers passed for 4,295 yards and 39 touchdowns last season, and coach Mike McCarthy frequently employs five wide receiver sets. Also, longtime wide receivers Greg Jennings (free agency) and Donald Driver (retirement) are no longer with the team.

Leading receiver Randall Cobb (80 catches, 954 yards eight touchdowns) returns, along with James Jones (64, 784, 14) and Jordy Nelson (49, 745, 7). Tight end Jermichael Finley (61, 667, 2) rounds out a dangerous receiving corps. The other wide receivers on the Packers roster are Jarrett Boykin, Jeremy Ross and Sederrick Cunningham.

The Packers also drafted wide receiver Charles Johnson out of Grand Valley State in the seventh round with the 216th overall pick.