Accompanied by members of the St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre and guest artists, critically acclaimed Russian ballerina Irina Kolesnikova will take center stage as Odette/Odile in a special rendition of Swan Lake. Following renowned performances throughout Europe, Asia and Australia, the St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre and Kolesnikova are making their U.S. debut next month and will be performing at the National Theatre in Washington, D.C.

“We cannot wait for the debut,” said Margarita Avdeeva, a principal dancer for the St. Petersburg Ballet Theater. “This is going to be interesting for both the artist and the audience.”

Originally composed by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Swan Lake tells the story of Odette, a princess turned into a swan by an evil sorcerer. The ballet follows Odette’s hardships in ultimately breaking the curse and reuniting with her lover, Prince Siegfried. Although Swan Lake explores themes of loss, tragedy and heartbreak, the ballet has a happy ending — something attendees can look forward to.

Avdeeva also mentioned a large social media presence accompanying the company’s upcoming performance. Fans and supporters of the St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre have been requesting a performance in the U.S. and, finally, their wishes have been granted.

Tickets for Swan Lake are currently on sale and can be purchased for $69 to $129. The show will run from Feb. 21-23. Evening shows on both Friday and Saturday are at 7:30 p.m. Sunday’s performance is a matinee at 2:00 p.m.